Minnesota Statewide Freight System and Investment Plan
Minnesota’s State Freight Plan provides guidance and strategies to improve the freight system in Minnesota over the next 20 years. Developed in collaboration with the Minnesota Freight Advisory Committee, it contains key policy and investment recommendations to guide decisions by the Minnesota Department of Transportation in the future. The plan also supports the multimodal Minnesota GO Vision by further integrating freight needs across all modes into MnDOT processes.
A Freight Industry Partnership
The Minnesota Statewide Freight System and Investment Plan was developed by MnDOT in partnership with the Minnesota Freight Advisory Committee.
The plan includes a freight investment chapter that links to the Minnesota Highway Freight Program, a funding program aimed at improving Minnesota’s freight system.
View the Plan by Chapter
- Purpose and Scope
- Chapter 1 - The Importance of Freight to Minnesota
- Chapter 2 - Minnesota's Freight Assets and Use
- Chapter 3 - Minnesota's Freight Needs and Issues
- Chapter 4 - Strategies to Address Minnesota's Freight Needs and Issues
- Chapter 5 - Actions and Next Steps
- Chapter 6 - Freight Investment Plan
Download a PDF of the Plan
Freight System and Investment Plan Contact Information
Andrew Andrusko, Freight Planner